Most businesses are forever looking for ways to help their businesses be more productive. Greater productivity means growth potential, and growth means the opportunity for greater profitability, the end goal of every business. One area that many businesses have overlooked in their quest for improved profitability is their choice of phone system. After all, how can a phone system improve profitability? The benefits are greater than might appear at first glance.
VOIP Phone Systems: A Brief Description
Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone systems deliver voice and other communications over the Internet—in contrast with traditional wired phone systems or conventional cellular phone services which use their own proprietary networks of one form or another. As a result, VOIP offers customers the opportunity to deal with a single integrated data network that includes communications, rather than having separate networks for a variety of different business functions.
The Dual Benefits of VOIP
Properly implemented, a VOIP phone system can help the bottom line of businesses in two ways—direct cost savings and increased productivity.
Cost Savings: VOIP phone systems can save companies money directly in a variety of ways:
- Reduced Startup Costs: New equipment required for a VOIP business phone system is minimal and inexpensive.
- Maintenance Cost Reduction: The lack of complicated infrastructure cuts maintenance costs to the bone. The heavy lifting is all done remotely by the service provider.
- Lower Phone Bills: Depending on the package chosen, given that communication is being transmitted over a broadband network, a dramatic reduction in monthly phone bills is likely. In many instances, regardless of duration and location of the participants, individual call charges simply disappear.
As impressive as the direct cost savings from a switch to VOIP can be, the productivity gains can be even more significant, though they’re usually a bit more difficult to detect. VOIP can improve worker productivity in the following ways:
- Integration: By coordinating all communication networks into a single package, workers can complete more tasks in less time. For instance, e-mail, voicemail, faxes and texts can all be accessed and responded to using a single device and application. Customer service data can be directly accessed while speaking with a client or communicating via Web chat or text, dramatically saving time.
- Wider Access: Any employee can stay in touch with any kind of device that has any sort of access to the Internet, which greatly benefits a growing mobile workforce. That access isn’t limited to direct communication. The ability to tie in to documents and data—as well as place phone calls, e-mail and texts—is a significant part of the advantage of VOIP.
- Improved Flexibility: VOIP users generally have the ability to make adjustments to the system without having to go through some form of IT support. Most providers have a way to make changes through a simple phone call or a Web-based interface. Rarely is there a need to wait around for some sort of broad-based infrastructure change to meet new demands.
- Multiple offices? They can all work as one, with VoIP. Our system can have your team in different offices all connected and working off the same VoIP system for a fraction of the cost of traditional phone systems.
Time to Switch?
Many companies, large and small, have already deemed it wise to move from a conventional phone system to VOIP and have realized significant tangible benefits as a result. It may be time for your business to consider VOIP as a data network option.
Not sure if VoIP is the right solution for your company? Need to bounce some ideas, have questions? Contact us today, phone 954-908-3600 or via email VoIPInfo@siramaconsulting.com, so that one of our VoIP experts can get you setup with a voice solution that will help reduce your bottom line and increase efficiency. At Sirama Consulting, we proudly support all voice platforms, including but not limited to: Cisco, Panasonic, Avaya, Nortel, Shoretel, Asterix, Elastix, trixbox, FreePBX, Samsung, NEC and many more. Contact us today, to help solve your telephony needs.