Lawyers who want to compete in today’s business world must deal with the challenge of providing law services using new, every-changing technologies such as cloud computing; and law firms in Florida are moving to the “cloud” to take advantage of its scalability and cost-effectiveness. Cloud technologies have the potential to improve a law firm’s productivity while increasing efficiency and organization. In addition, they use cloud services for data security, document management, and workflow improvement.
According to a statement made by the Florida Bar earlier this year:
“Lawyers may use cloud computing if they take reasonable precautions to ensure that confidentiality of client information is maintained, that the service provider maintains adequate security, and that the lawyer has adequate access to the information stored remotely. The lawyer should research the service provider to be used.”
As with any business, the main concern with cloud computing relates to confidentiality. Attorneys must keep their clients’ information confidential at all times; they have an obligation to ensure that confidentiality is also maintained by third parties, such as cloud providers.
Lawyers must also be able to provide limited access to third parties to specific information, and restrict their access to only that information, while:
- Ensuring that the cloud storage provider has an enforceable obligation to preserve confidentiality and security;
- Investigating the cloud provider’s security measures, policies, recoverability methods, and other procedures to determine if they are adequate;
- Employing available technology to prevent infiltration of the data stored on the cloud.
The Florida Bar’s Professional Ethics Committee believes that lawyers should seriously consider using the services of an IT Managed Services Provider like Sirama Consulting to ensure security of data and online operations to protect proprietary client information or other sensitive information. Sirama Consulting can provide a customized, cloud solution that is secure, protected and accessible 24/7.
Provides Secure Cloud and IT Solutions For Law Practices in Miami and Surrounding Areas
Sirama Consulting is a boutique IT consulting firm catering to law practices. We employ online and cloud solutions that provide the security and confidentiality lawyers need to operate efficiently and productively. Some of the solutions we offer law practices include:
- Our secure, encrypted Virtual Desktops allows your staff to access important files and briefs wherever their case load takes them. You Virtual desktops are hosted in our geo-redundant cloud offering military-grade encryption and the latest in technology.
- Rocket Matter, a leading online law practice management solution that provides the functionality attorneys need to store, process, and access their legal information in a secure and confidential manner.http://www.rocketmatter.com/law-software/
- Fujitsu ix500, the next generation of desktop scanning. It performs intelligent image functions dramatically faster for blazing new scanning speed. And with a Wi-Fi connection, you can scan directly to an iOS or Android mobile device, without even turning on the computer.http://scanners.fcpa.fujitsu.com/scansnap11/iX500.html
- Docusign offering legal, secure electronic signatures online http://www.docusign.com/
- Microsoft Office365 with with an easy-to-use, web-based admin console, industry-leading malware and spam protection, and a financially backed 99.9% uptime guarantee. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/office-365-small-business-premium-office-online-FX103037625.aspx
Sirama Consulting, is an IT firm in Hollywood, Florida, focused on providing exceptional service to law practices and all our clients. We are a global leader in IT consulting, thanks to our team of experts and their decades of experience. For a complimentary cloud or IT assessment for your law practice or other business please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (954) 908-3600.